All indoor meetings are held in the Costello Centre in Bailiffgate, Alnwick, NE66 1NP (through the arch between 8 and 10 Bailiffgate). On street parking is available with additional parking on The Peth and in nearby streets.
Meetings start at 19:30, with refreshments served from 19:15. Admission £2:50 (including refreshments) for non-members.
- 3rd October: Gwen Potter will give an illustrated talk on how the National Trust intend integrating their newly acquired Tughall Mill into the surrounding land that they have developed and managed for many years.
- 7th November: Liz Clark will give an illustrated talk on hedgehogs entitled "Small, Spiky and Endangered". The talk will give basic facts about hedgehogs, cover the work of the Northumberland Hedgehog Resuce Trust and explain why hedgehogs are endangered.
- 5th December: Jenna Berry from the NWT will give an illustrated talk entitled "A Beginner’s Guide to Red Deer". Jenna’s talk will cover the identification and ecology of red deer in Britain and explore whether deer management, both lethal and non-lethal, is necessary.
- 9th January (Members & invited guests (£5) only): Laurie Campbell will give an illustrated talk about a project commissioned by North Harris Trust to photograph the wildlife, landscape and a little of the culture of a community-owned estate of 62,000 acres.
- 6th February: Phil and Alison Hanmer will give an illustrated talk on "Birds of Perth, Western Australia".
- 5th March: Louise Hislop will give an illustrated talk on "Wild Bees of Great Britain: an introduction to their lives and identification".
- 2nd April: Tim Dean will give an illustrated talk entitled "Birds of Peru".
- 4th April: Bird ringing in the Gambia: Phil Hanmer
- 7th March: AGM followed by Birds of Dumfries & Galloway - Richard Poyer
- 7th February: The Isle of May, David Steele
- 3rd January: Natural History of Northumberland - Atholl Swanston
- 6th December: Birding in Sri Lanka - Tom Cadwallender, BTO
- 1st November: The Chillingham Cattle - Ellie Waddington, Warden
- 4th October: Spring Flowers of the Pelopennese.
- 12th April: The Kielder Water Voles Project - Kelly Hollings, NWT.
- 1st March: Cancelled due to weather conditions. For information, here are the minutes of 2017 AGM.
- 1st February: Coquet Island - Dr Paul Morrison
- 4th January: New Zealand (Part Two) - Philip & Alison Hanmer
- 7th December: Little Terns - Should we bother? - Ian Robson
- 2nd November: The Kielder Ospreys - Joanna Dailey
- 5th October: Druridge Bay Past and Present - Barry Mead
- 6th April: Birds of Peru - Tim Dean
- 2nd March: AGM followed by Flora and Fauna of New Zealand - Philip and Alison Hanmer
- 2nd February: The State of UK Birds - Dr Mark Eaton, RSPB
- 5th January: The Flowering Desert - Mr & Mrs Porrett
- 1st December: Dynamic Druridge - Steve Lowe, Northumberland Wildlife Trust
- 3rd November: The Cheviot Goats - Dr Richard Bevan, Newcastle University
- 6th October: Sketches from my Notebook - Stewart Sexton
- 7th April: Wildlife of Central America - Bob Liskiss
- 3rd March: AGM followed by Wildlife of Howick - Richard Poyer
- 4th February: The Wonders of Bird Migration - Graham Bell
- 7th January: The Wildlife of Ethiopia - Janet Dean
- 3rd December: Wildlife on the Falkland Islands - Tim Mason, Former Head of the Falklands School
- 5th November: Great Crested Grebes - Brian Moorhead and Sam Hood
- 1st October: Birds and Mammals of the North Sea - Martin Kitchen, North East Cetacean Project Co-ordinator
- 2nd April: A Season of Wildflowers - Judy Summerson, Natural History Society of Northumbria Botany Group
- 5th March: AGM followed by a presentation on Iceland by Philip Hanmer.
- 5th February: Wildlife Sound Recordings - Geoff Sample.
- 8th January: Unfortunately David Steel was unavailable for the planned presentation on the Farne Islands. John Almond, stood in at the last minute and gave a slide show on ‘The Islands Around the Coast of Britain’.
- 4th December: Howick’s Dark Secrets (The Moths of Howick) - Stuart Sexton. For further information, see Moths of Northumberland web site.
- 6th November: Northumberland's Bats - Hazel Makepeace, The Natural History Society of Northumbria. See Northumberland Bat Group and the Bat Conservation Trust.
- 2nd October: The Newcastle Kittiwakes - Dan Turner. See the Tyne Kittiwakes Partnership and the Tyne Kittiwakes Facebook page.
- 3rd April: Conservation on the Otterburn Ranges - Mr Chris Livsey, Conservation Officer, MOD
- 6th March: AGM and 50th anniversary celebration
- 6th February: The Big Sea Survey - Dr Jane Delaney, Newcastle University
- 9th January: Natural Vegetation of Northumberland - Dr David Mitchell
- 5th December: Natural Wonders of Northumberland - Mr John Steele
- 7th November: Red Squirrel Update - Katy Cooke, Red Squirrels Northern England. See RSNE web site
- 3rd October: Pine Martins - Kevin O'Hara, Northumberland Wildlife Trust