Due to the coronavirus situation all meetings & field trips are cancelled until further notice.All indoor meetings are held in the Costello Centre in Bailiffgate, Alnwick, NE66 1NP (through the arch between 8 and 10 Bailiffgate). On street parking is available with additional parking on The Peth and in nearby streets.
Meetings start at 19:30, with refreshments served from 19:15. Admission £2:50 (including refreshments) for non-members.
- To be arranged.
- 5th March: Wild Bees of Great Britain - Louise Hislop.
- 6th February: Birds of Perth, Western Australia - Phil and Alison Hanmer.
- 9th January: North Harris Trust Project - Laurie Campbell.
- 5th December: A Beginner’s Guide to Red Deer - Jenna Berry, NWT.
- 7th November: Hedgehogs - Liz Clark, Northumberland Hedgehog Resuce Trust.
- 3rd October: Tughall Mill development - Gwen Potter, National Trust.
- 4th April: Bird ringing in the Gambia - Phil Hanmer.
- 7th March: AGM followed by Birds of Dumfries & Galloway - Richard Poyer.
- 7th February: The Isle of May - David Steele.
- 3rd January: Natural History of Northumberland - Atholl Swanston.
- 6th December: Birding in Sri Lanka - Tom Cadwallender, BTO.
- 1st November: The Chillingham Cattle - Ellie Waddington, Warden.
- 4th October: Spring Flowers of the Pelopennese.
- 12th April: The Kielder Water Voles Project - Kelly Hollings, NWT.
- 1st March: Cancelled due to weather conditions.
- 1st February: Coquet Island - Dr Paul Morrison.
- 4th January: New Zealand (Part Two) - Philip & Alison Hanmer.
- 7th December: Little Terns - Should we bother? - Ian Robson.
- 2nd November: The Kielder Ospreys - Joanna Dailey.
- 5th October: Druridge Bay Past and Present - Barry Mead.
- 6th April: Birds of Peru - Tim Dean.
- 2nd March: AGM followed by Flora and Fauna of New Zealand - Philip and Alison Hanmer.
- 2nd February: The State of UK Birds - Dr Mark Eaton, RSPB.
- 5th January: The Flowering Desert - Mr & Mrs Porrett.
- 1st December: Dynamic Druridge - Steve Lowe, Northumberland Wildlife Trust.
- 3rd November: The Cheviot Goats - Dr Richard Bevan, Newcastle University.
- 6th October: Sketches from my Notebook - Stewart Sexton.
- 7th April: Wildlife of Central America - Bob Liskiss.
- 3rd March: AGM followed by Wildlife of Howick - Richard Poyer.
- 4th February: The Wonders of Bird Migration - Graham Bell.
- 7th January: The Wildlife of Ethiopia - Janet Dean.
- 3rd December: Wildlife on the Falkland Islands - Tim Mason, Former Head of the Falklands School.
- 5th November: Great Crested Grebes - Brian Moorhead and Sam Hood.
- 1st October: Birds and Mammals of the North Sea - Martin Kitchen, North East Cetacean Project Co-ordinator.
- 2nd April: A Season of Wildflowers - Judy Summerson, Natural History Society of Northumbria Botany Group.
- 5th March: AGM followed by a presentation on Iceland by Philip Hanmer.
- 5th February: Wildlife Sound Recordings - Geoff Sample.
- 8th January: Unfortunately David Steel was unavailable for the planned presentation on the Farne Islands. John Almond, stood in at the last minute and gave a slide show on ‘The Islands Around the Coast of Britain’.
- 4th December: Howick’s Dark Secrets (The Moths of Howick) - Stuart Sexton. For further information, see Moths of Northumberland web site.
- 6th November: Northumberland's Bats - Hazel Makepeace, The Natural History Society of Northumbria. See Northumberland Bat Group and the Bat Conservation Trust.
- 2nd October: The Newcastle Kittiwakes - Dan Turner. See the Tyne Kittiwakes Partnership and the Tyne Kittiwakes Facebook page.
- 3rd April: Conservation on the Otterburn Ranges - Mr Chris Livsey, Conservation Officer, MOD.
- 6th March: AGM and 50th anniversary celebration.
- 6th February: The Big Sea Survey - Dr Jane Delaney, Newcastle University.
- 9th January: Natural Vegetation of Northumberland - Dr David Mitchell.
- 5th December: Natural Wonders of Northumberland - Mr John Steele.
- 7th November: Red Squirrel Update - Katy Cooke, Red Squirrels Northern England. See RSNE web site.
- 3rd October: Pine Martins - Kevin O'Hara, Northumberland Wildlife Trust.