Due to the coronavirus situation all meetings & field trips are cancelled until further notice.
Please wear suitable clothing and foot wear. Sorry, no dogs allowed. Please contact David Bonser (Tel: 01665 576512) if you wish to discuss use of an assistance dog. Walks will last about 3 hours unless otherwise stated and are free to members of ADNHS. Visitors always welcome for a small fee of £2:00, unless otherwise stated.
In the event of inclement weather please contact Dave Bonser/Gill Starkey tel. 01665 576512 by 9a.m. on the day of the trip to confirm it‘s going ahead.
- To be advised.
- 5 March: Boulmer early Spring wildlife.
- 6 February: Hauxley Wildlife Discovery Centre.
- 5th December: Howick to the coast.
- 7th November: Coquet Estuary.
- 3rd October: Branton Ponds.
- 5th September: Holystone Woods.
- 1st August: Wildlife at Embleton Dunes.
- 4th July: Lindisfarne Flowers and Birds.
- 6th June: Limery at Little Houghton.
- 2nd May: Lesbury Spring Flowers and Birds.
- 4th April: Wildlife at Budle Bay.
- 7th March: Spring Migrants at Druridge Pools.
- 7th February: Hauxley Wildlife Discovery Centre.
- 6th December: Coastal Walk. Low Newton.
- 1st November: Winter Wildfowl at Branton Pools.
- 4th October: Early Winter Arrivals at East Chevington Pools.
- 6th September: Holystone Woods. Flora, fauna and fungi.
- 2nd August: Kimmer Lough. Observing the flora and fauna.
- 5th July: Ross Back Sands.
- 7th June: Hauxley Reserve - summer birds, wildfowl and spring flowers.
- 3rd May: Chillingham wild cattle.
- 12th April: Harbottle Woods and Crags.
- 1st March: Cancelled due to weather conditions.
- 1st February: Warkworth "Old Water" - Coquet Estuary bird life.
- 4th January: Hauxley Reserve.
- 7th December: Swans and Otters at Berwick.
- 2nd November: Winter Arrivals at Budle Bay.
- 5th October: Ducks and Geese at Branton Ponds.
- 7th September: Autumn in the forest.
- 3rd August: Flora and fauna in the woods.
- 6th July: Dune flowers and nesting birds.
- 1st June: Nesting seabirds and wild flowers.
- 4th May: Spring Flowers and Early Migrants.
- 6th April: Spring Flowers and Bird Activity at Ford Moss Nature Reserve.
- 2nd March: Walk from Hadston Carrs to visit the new facilities at Hauxley.
- 2nd February: Wintering Wildfowl at Boulmer.
- 5th January: Wintering Wildfowl on the Tweed Estuary.
- 1st December: Linton Ponds - Wintering wildfowl and waders.
- 3rd November: Aln Estuary - Wintering wildfowl and waders.
- 6th October: Budle Bay - Wintering birds.
- 1st September: Thrunton Woods - forest walk looking at fungi, flowers and autumn birds.
- 4th August: East Chevington - coastal walk looking for breeding birds and dune flowers.
- 7th July: Barrowburn Hay Meadows - looking at flora and upland birds.
- 2nd June: Ross Bank Sands - looking at breeding birds and dune flowers.
- 5th May: Hulne Park - Woodland and water birds.
- 7th April: Wildlife and Spring Flowers at Hadston Carrs.
- 3rd March: Wildlife at Branton Ponds.
- 4th February: Winter Wildfowl on the Coquet Estuary.
- 7th January: Winter Wildfowl and Waders at Howick Seahouses Farm.
- 3rd December: Wintering wildfowl and waders at Linton Nature Reserve.
- 5th November: Wintering wildfowl and waders at Old Bridge, Berwick.
- 1st October: Autumn colours, seeds, fruit and fungi at Holystone Forest.
- 3rd September: Passage migrants and autumnal flowers at Boulmer.
- 6th August: Moorland and woodland flora and fauna at Holburn Grange.
- 2nd July: Long Nanny tern colony and dune flowers.
- 4th June: Breeding birds and flowers at Harthope Valley.
- 7th May: Coastal flora and breeding birds at Craster. At Craster quarry: blackbird, chiffchaff, 2 swallows and 2 rook nests. At Craster Shore: 5 house martins collecting mud, one pair constructing a nest on a wire! 10 linnets, 3 oystercatchers, 1 skylark and a female wheatear. At Dunstanburgh Castle: a male peregrine, grey seal, male eider, male reed bunting, 10 meadow pipits, 16 razorbills on cliff ledges, 12 razorbills on the sea, about 200 pairs of kittiwakes, 1 pair of fulmar, 2 shag nests, a rock pipit, a guillemot, 12 swallows and 12 house martins.
- 2nd April: Early migrants and hill and valley wildlife at Ingram Bridge.
- 5th March: Early spring flowers, woodland and River Aln birds, Hulne Park, Alnwick.
- 5th February: Wintering Wildfowl and Waders in and around Druridge Bay Pools.
- 8th January: Wintering Wildfowl and Waders at Low Newton.
- 4th December: Wintering Wildfowl and Waders at the Queen Elizabeth Country Park, Woodhorn.
- 6th November: Wintering Wildfowl and Waders at Druridge Bay
- 2nd October: Woodland and Moorland Life, Harbottle Crags
- 4th September: Early Migrants, Budle Bay
- 6th March: Hauxley Reserve
- 6th February: Branton Pools
- 9th January: Caistron
- 12th December: Tweed Estuary
- 14th November: Cresswell Pond
- 11th October: Holy Island